On this week’s show, we spoke with Alex Shee, Vice-President Corporate Development & Strategy @ Sama.
Alex is an executive at Sama that leads Corporate Development and Strategy. He is working on building an AI business ecosystem around Sama’s platform. His role encompasses Partnerships, Corporate Development and Go-To-Market strategy. He was previously the Head of Partnerships and Corporate Development at Element AI (exited to ServiceNow | NYSE: NOW) where he opened and grew the business in Asia, signed major strategic partnerships and led the team that raised Element AI’s C$200M Series B. He was also the host of Element AI’s #1 rated podcast “The AI Element” which explores the biggest issues and toughest questions in artificial intelligence. He was also recently selected as one of top 250 upcoming leaders in Canada by the Governor General of Canada (equivalent of Presidential Award), one of the top 4 business development and sales leaders in tech by Floodgates in their Annual Anchor List and 2021 “Power Player” by The Peak.
We spoke about:
- Sama’s mission and their double bottom line
- How their model allows them to peak into the future of AI
- Creating access to the digital economy for people in difficult situations
- Being a high growth startup and using technology as a force for good
- Alex’s personal journey from Element AI to Sama
Subscribe | iTunes | Google Play |Spotify | YouTube | Stitcher |