Jeremi Lavoie is Co-Founder and CEO of AFX Medical. He was General Manager, Car2go group since 2013. He was legal counsel for Enercon from May 2012 to May 2013. He worked as litigation attorney at the Attorney General of Quebec from May 2007 to August 2010. AFX Medical is an applied AI software company specializing in the detection of brain lesions in neuroimaging for oncology. Every year, thousands of brain tumors are missed on brain imaging because of the limitations of human cognition, leading to delayed cancer treatment. With automated detection, its mission is to make cancer diagnosis and treatment faster and more precise.
On the show, we spoke about:
- State of cancer research and technological progression
- Open source vs. closed source
- How AFX Medical is spearheading brain cancer detection
- The challenge of going to market in the healthtech sector
- How their algorithm is enhancing decision making, not replacing it